Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Chemo Plan: Take 1

Lots of appointments today!


  • Meeting with surgeon Mr H to check wounds and have stitches removed
  • Meeting with stoma nurse
  • Meeting with oncologist to find out the chemo plan


That's what we thought anyway...

First two appointments were fine, although some skin had started to grow over Steve's stitches so they were quite painful to remove!

The meeting with the oncologist was the one we were most apprehensive about. It was quite a shock to hear Steve would need chemo in the first place so we were looking forward to hearing the plan and being able to prepare.

But the oncologist didn't have much information for us apart from that chemo would be 3 weekly, for either 12 weeks or 24 weeks depending on whether or not Steve wants to take part in a trial meaning the cycle would be shorter than the standard.

Steve wants to be fit for my birthday at the end of October, so the oncologist said it's likely chemo will start the following week - about 4 weeks from now. No dates or names of drugs, and it felt like he didn't have a lot of time for us so we left quite quickly not knowing a lot more than we had when we arrived.

So not much to update everyone on really, but as soon as I do you'll all know about it :)

Just wanted to send all my love to my Twitter BC friends too... I'm completely overwhelmed by the love, support, kind words and help I've received from everyone I've been in touch with via Twitter, it's been absolutely incredible! I've noticed recently that some of my closest friends seem to have disappeared since Steve's diagnosis but people I've never even met have been unbelievable, so I'm really grateful for that and want to let everyone know how amazing they all are! Massive hugs!

Lots of love Xx

No comments: